Crispy Brussel Sprout Crack
Brussel Sprouts. Basically mini cabbage. They are smelly, look weird and for the longest time I just didn’t get them. Then I tried this recipe. YOU are welcome.
Why eat them?
They are rich in vitamins and minerals that keep you feeling full longer (hi, weight loss) and they have anxiety fighting properties like Magnesium. Omega 3’s and fiber to keep blood sugar stable.
brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed and quartered
1 Tbsp sriracha— Basically you. know how spicy you like things, so this measurement can vary. Note the spice will intensify as it roasts.
1 Tbsp honey—Basically fill a spoon up
1 lime, juiced
1 Tbsp garlic (essentially 2 cloves chopped really small)
Salt—my personal suggestion- Pink Himalayan Salt.
1. Mix the sriracha, lime juice and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 375
3. Mix Brussels with the mixture and dump onto foil lined baking sheet
4. Sit back and wait about 25 minutes. Check on them and see if they look crisp enough. some leaves will be burnt and thats good, BUT, make sure the sprouts themselves are a little shriveled.
5. Turn on broiler and let sit under for about one minute.
6. take out, let sit for a few to cool off and enjoy.
Note this recipe does take some trial and error to get the desired crispiness. I like mine super crispy so I leave in longer. Its your call.